|Address:||2150 Shattuck Ave. PH|
|City, State, Zip:||Berkeley|
|Project Name:||Lead Firmware & Embedded Software Engineer Full-Time/Part-Time or Contract|
|Expertise:||Software / Firmware|
|Description:||Nodexus is hiring for a lead role in Firmware and Embedded Systems. This is a key role where candidates will be responsible for the entire FW/SW stack underpinning Nodexus’ flagship systems. The successful candidate must be willing to take ownership of the embedded system architecture and be hands-on across the entire development chain including prototyping, testing, production-ready design, and translation to scaled production. Embedded hardware and software experience is required.|
• Nodexus is hiring for a lead role in firmware & embedded software development and productization.
• Candidates interested in firmware/embedded software and GUI/UX design are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Requirements and Skills
• Industry experience in firmware development and software engineering, with strong preference given for candidates who have launched life sciences instrumentation products into the market.
• In addition to deep technical skills, successful candidates demonstrate strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
• Proficiency in the design of Real-Time firmware algorithms is required.
• Familiarity with analog/digital/mixed signal hardware design, testing, and optimization is required.
• Experience with robust software life-cycle procedures, version control systems, bug tracking, ongoing support, and configuration management is required.
• Familiarity with wireless/mobile application design and optimization is required.
• Familiarity with Schematic capture/PCB design, layout, testing, and optimization is preferred.
• Experience with regulatory filings (UL, CE, etc.) is a strong plus.
• Experience with PSoC/Labview-based systems is a plus but not required.
• Experience with microfluidics/ fluid handling and/or life science instrumentation is desired but not required.
• Background in biology is NOT required.
The Ideal Applicant Will Be
• Excited to work in a quickly growing, venture-backed startup company.
• Able to work 5+ days/week (as needed); Immediate start date preferred.
• Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment alongside a hard-working, interdisciplinary team (optics, hardware, fluidics, biology, etc.).
• Committed and enthusiastic about Nodexus’ mission to deliver elegant, affordable, and accessible platforms for the life sciences industry.
• Able to demonstrate experience with delivering successful products within budget and established timelines.
• Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing, reporting, and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused.
If you are a Firmware & Embedded Software Engineer eager to deliver enabling tools for cutting-edge biology, apply today!
|Other Info:||Full-Time/Part-Time or Contract|
|Date:||August 29, 2018|