|Company:||Planate Management Group|
|Address:||3631 Ransom Place|
|City, State, Zip:||Alexandria|
|Project Name:||Electrical Engineer|
|Description:||Planate Management Group is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), which provides installation/base management and facilities engineering worldwide. The primary capability areas of Planate are on Architectural Engineering Design & Planning, Program & Construction Management and Technical & Consulting Services.|
The Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for providing electrical engineering designs, developing and maintaining the electrical systems and components of the facilities. This is to support the NAVFAC EURAFSWA located at U.S. Navy Capodichino base, Naples, Italy.
This position is contigent to the award of the contract.
• Independently applies seasoned professional technical knowledge, experience and subject matter expertise to ensure projects of varying sizes, scopes and complexities are designed and constructed consistent with established trade standards and practices
• Interpret customer requirements. Perform surveys, field investigations, condition assessments, inventories and data gathering to assure project requirements are adequately defined
• Develop conceptual designs and diagrammatic sketches for multiple facility types from customer requirements.
• Perform all necessary planning, scheduling and coordination necessary to assure that the designs are completed within scope, schedule and budget
• Ensure concept planning and designs are compatible with the Activity master and appearance plans by facilitating the design Charrette and Functional Analysis Concept Development (FACD) processes
• Develops in-house executed deliverables, including but not limited to, Studies, Scopes of Work (SOW), Independent Government Estimate (IGE), Design-Build Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Design Bid Build documents (full plans and specifications) for projects executed by construction contractors
• Perform necessary calculations, develop possible alternatives, and present findings and alternatives in
written reports and meetings with customers
• Implements and enforces all applicable Codes and Standards, including but not limited to NAVFAC Facilities Criteria (FCs), DoD Unified Facilities Criteria (UFCs), International Building Code (IBC), Whole Building Design Guide and Host Nation (HN) Codes, Norms and Laws
• Facilitate coordination of the design criteria and information with the using activity, the A&E and other interested Government representatives (CONUS and OCONUS).
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration or equivalent
• Knowledgeable in office automation systems in order that several types of software such as Microsoft Office
may be used for various office needs such as graphs, tables, and charts
• Knowledgeable in management and analysis techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems
• Skill in briefing managers and in communicating tentative recommendations regarding efficiency in program
• Knowledge of critical thinking skills, mathematics, and architectural Electrical engineering design
• High proficiency and working knowledge of AutoCAD and discipline specific design software
• Proficient in English both written and verbal.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
|Date:||January 18, 2018|