|Address:||480 Oakmead Parkway|
|City, State, Zip:||Sunnyvale, CA, 94085|
|Project Name:||Big Cloud Data Scala Project|
|Expertise:||Software / Firmware|
|Description:||Sensity Systems is looking for an individual with a strong working background in server-side Scala coding or someone who has expertise in Clojure or Erlang that is willing to learn Scala. This individual will design and write code that deals with high volume data processing and high frequency data processing that communicates with networks and devices, User Interfaces and any 3rd party consumer of our Light Sensory Network. |
Skills and Experience
• Possess 4+ years’ experience in server software development
• Competent in Scala preferred, or competent in Clojure or Erlang and open to learning Scala
• Capable in Akka or other actor frameworks
• Knowledge and experience in Apache Spark
• Knowledge in Graph Database (highly preferred) or at least an NoSQL database. Experienced with distributed server-side software.
• Good exposure in implementing algorithms
• Knowledge and exposure in Machine learning is a big plus
• Familiar with deploying software on cloud infrastructure like EC2.
• Comfortable in Agile development processes and tools.
• Effective in working with a team and communicating well
• BS in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Design, develop, debug and maintain a scalable server framework for our cloud infrastructure.
• Work within the current Scala and Akka environment to construct the framework.
• Design and develop distributed, fault-tolerant server-side components.
• Implement high volume data collections, aggregation and analysis frameworks.
• Work with our passionate and intelligent team of front-end developers and other backend software engineers.
• Use good software development practices, such as source control, unit testing, and defect tracking.
• Craft publically accessible REST APIs.
|Date:||April 21, 2015|