Pocket Engines LLC
4140 Donald Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
I have been developing iOS apps since 2008 when the first Apple iPhone was announced. Prior to my focus on apps, I have 18+ years experience in systems architecture, distributed computing and high reliability communications systems. I am a hands-on leader with experience of managing large engineering groups.
- 7+ years hands on iOS development - 6 apps, 2 published, 2 SDKs.
- 25+ years architecture, development and deployment of complex software & systems.
- A proven engineer, thinker, leader and motivator of engineers.
- Veteran of Silicon Valley Unix community.
- Autonomous and connected cars - Systems & Apps
- Car infotainment systems- integration of Siri, CarPlay with Android based head units
- Bluetooth/WiFi sensors & wearable devices with iOS apps to complement
- IOT sensors, actuators, networks, systems and embedded software.
- iOS App architecture, design, implementation, app-store release.
- App feasibility, technical risk assessment, project planning, cost estimation.
- On-site long term contracts (Silicon Valley).
- Remote contracts with periodic travel.
- Complete, turnkey projects
Education and Background:
University of Southampton, Southampton, UK, B. Sc. Electronic Engineering / 1972
University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, M. Sc. Computer Science, 1975