2708 Cadiz Street
Davis CA, 95616
Cell Phone: 530 220-2547
I am an engineering consultant specializing in the design of embedded software and hardware, from concept to production. I have over 25 years of experience solving real-world problems.
• Embedded software and system design for real-time control.
• PCB design using Altium Designer and associated tools.
• Control system design, configuration and tuning.
• Sensor interface and integration.
• Communications and networking over serial buses, Ethernet, and wireless links.
• Design of bootloaders with custom integration over communication channels.
• User-machine interfaces.
• Motor control for BLDC, BLAC and PMSM motors. Stepper motor interfacing and sequencing.
• Actuator and valve control.
• Robotic vehicle control and motor synchronization. Robotic arm kinematics and control.
• Built-in diagnostic tools for detecting and displaying system state and faults.
• Design of microcontroller-based PCBs for control and communication.
• RTOS: VxWorks and custom.
• Peripheral interfaces: Ethernet, I2C, SPI, JTAG, RS-232, RS-485, etc.
• Networking: TCP/IP and related protocols. RSTP network configuration.
• Microcontrollers: Microchip/Atmel, NXP/Freescale, and TI.
• DSPs: Texas Instruments, fixed and floating point.
• Controllers: Handheld pendants, VME-bus systems, Compact PCI, Industrial PCs, Sensor I/O boards, • custom designs and off-the-shelf varieties.
• Sensors: position, velocity, acceleration, pressure/strain, magnetic, seismic, Gamma radiation, current/voltage, signal conditioning and conversion (ADC, DAC).
Education and Background:
BS, Electrical Engineering, University of California, Davis
Completed coursework only, towards a M.S., Computer Science, California State University-Sacramento