Are you thinking about becoming a consultant?
Start off the new year right, and learn how to enter the Consulting Business professionally. Are you just Retired, or do you want to get out from under sub-contracting or just considering moving into Consulting? Then this is the Meetup for you.
Two seasoned members of PATCA (The Professional and Technical Consultants Association) will be leading a monthly roundtable meeting to discuss ideas of interest to those just starting in Consulting or Independent Contracting.
The Format is as follows:
1. First, there will be a quick round of introductions by those in attendance.
2. Next, there will be a 15 to 20 minute discussion around a specific topic related to starting an independent contractor business.
The focus topic for the early portion of the meeting will be: “ What are the Economic Realities of Independent Consulting?“
• Can you really make more money as a consultant vs Employee?
• Are you willing to be very flexible in your ways of earning a living: ie “Rent a body”, Employee, Independent Contractor?
• Can you live with the risk of not getting paid? (ie slow / no pay)Can you pay for your own health care?
• Can you save part of your earnings for taxes?
• Are you willing to pay the costs of incorporating? ($2K to $5K per year)
3. After the presentation, there will be a formal discussion on the presentation topic. Then the floor will be open to answer general questions on starting or reviving a consulting practice. So bring your questions. We will end promptly at 1:30 PM.
4. After this, the floor will be open to answer any general questions on starting a consulting practice. So bring your questions. We will end promptly at 1:30 PM.
MEETING COST AND SIZE LIMIT
There will be a $10 fee for attending this meeting. Be sure to RSVP to attend. We provide Roundtable Pizza and all the Soda you can drink. The fee is mandatory, or we won’t be able to maintain this venue. Cost is $15 at the door if you don’t pay in advance so sign up now.
Attendance is limited to 12 persons, so sign up right way if you wish to attend.
The Leaders of this Roundtable will be:
Carl Angotti, President of Angotti Product Development, and long time Sr. Certified Professional Consultant member of PATCA and current Board member. He is also a former Chair and Board Member of the Consultants’ Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV).
Larry Polyak, President of MSD Systems, and a long time Certified Professional Consultant Company member of PATCA.
For further Information, please contact Carl Angotti at firstname.lastname@example.org