Looking for new opportunities? If you are considering consulting as a career learn about the practical realities of consulting. An interactive session designed to offer insights into what it takes to launch a consulting practice and persevere. This is intended for engineers and managers who are considering a change to consulting. The panel will share their personal experience and their view on the current conditions for engineering teams in Silicon Valley.
– Getting started, what it takes
– How to explore where to focus your practice
– Learning how to market and sell your services
The Professional and Technical Consultants Association (PATCA) is Silicon Valley’s most prestigious consulting organization dedicated to serving independent consultants and the client companies that use them.
– Chris Hansen, PATCA President and founder of Covariant Corporation
20 years of experience in analysis and design of wireless communication systems, signal processing, integrated circuits, and international standards. Named inventor on over 100 issued patents.
– Omar Fahmi Khalid, Consultant at Vortex Innovation Labs LLC
– Perry West Consultant at Automated Vision Systems, Inc
Machine vision specialist working with system architecture, lighting and optics design, imaging design, and software design.
– Jerry Rice Consultant at FabNexus
Software development consultant for motor, thermal, fluids, optics, and signal control. Sensors and wireless networks.
– Rafa Baca, Esq., at adelanteiplaw.co
Data scientist and lawyer who has written extensively on CS & Data Consulting in the legal field. Rafa is currently leading the charge for legal consulting credentials for Software Professionals in the State of California.